Lovin' the Mac

Dedicated to all things cool about the Mac


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

High Quality Skype Video Calls on the Mac

Thanks to Lifehacker for this tip, you can now enable high-quality video calls with Skype for the Mac.

HQ Skype Video
First download the latest version of Skype for the Mac. You need version 2.5.0.85 or newer. Then edit an XML file as shown on the Skype Garage site and you'll have glorious 640 x 480 video calls. Of course, you'll need a high-quality camera as well, which is exactly what the iSight is.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sikosis said…

    Not sure if I want to see Oddbod that big on my screen :), but it's certainly a nice feature.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Elahn Z said…

    When it comes to recording skype video on mac I'm using a plugin called "Call Recorder". The quality on both ends is less than average. I'm surprised it even records my side poorly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home