Lovin' the Mac

Dedicated to all things cool about the Mac


Monday, March 12, 2007

Extra HDD storage for the Mac Mini

As an AppleĀ® Mac mini owner who was running low on HDD space, I needed a storage solution that was functional and fitted the Apple Mac Mini look.

This is what I found...



The LaCie mini Hard Drive & HUB, is specially designed to fit perfectly with the AppleĀ® Mac mini. Now you can connect all of your hardware peripherals at once - like your iSight, mouse, keyboard, web cam, camera, video recorder, speakers and other USB hard drives. Its sturdy metal casing provides advanced heat dissipation and its unique four-corner crown is designed to provide cooling airflow between stacked drives to protect against overheating.

In the end I decided on the 500Gb model for around AUD$370.00, which will be more than enough to store my music & video collection.

What are your thoughts on home digital storage solutions?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Sikosis said…

    ah yes ... that's the one my friend. I've been trying to convince the missus that I need one of those. Oddbod's already got one and he can tell you how well it works, so I won't steal his thunder :)

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Sikosis said…

    Well as you convinced me that the lacie was not the way to go, due to it's excess noise -- I ended up with a USB2 Western Digital 500GB MyBook. :D

    And I have to say, it's great. I love the feature where it auto shuts down when my Mac does, just like firewire external drives.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home